Blizzard has announced a handful of new details regarding it’s upcoming Starcraft II expansion titled Legacy of the Void.
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void will come in three different editions: The Standard Edition ($39.99), Digital Deluxe Edition ($59.99) and the Collector’s Edition which will be available through select retailers ($79.99).
While the Standalone edition of the game is a la carte, the Digital Deluxe Edition & Collector’s Edition will include the following bonuses (Taken from Press Release):
– Archon battle pet ready to join your side in World of Warcraft®
– Void Seeker mount to charge through the Nexus in Heroes of the Storm
– Protoss card back to demonstrate your psionic potential in Hearthstone®
– Protoss-themed portraits and unit skin for StarCraft II
– (Collector’s Edition Only) Full-color hardcover StarCraft Field Manual (retail edition SRP $45); a DVD loaded with cinematics and special features; and a CD soundtrack
Now for pre-order bonuses. Those who pre-order the game on Battle.net will instantly receive three prologue missions which you can play today titled “Whispers into Oblivion”. If you choose to pre-order at select retailers, you will also receive access to the upcoming beta for Legacy of the Void.
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void will be a standalone version of Starcraft II, meaning you won’t need a copy of Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm or Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty when it launches this Winter.