PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has received a new patch for the Xbox One version of the game.
The patch notes come from the game’s official forum, which lists all of the changes that have been made to the game this morning.
One major change made to the Xbox One version, that was recently adjusted in the PC version of the game was the removal of starting weapons from the pre-game areas. Not only this, but players will now spawn in different areas of the map. For PC, this was done to improve the performance of the game, which should be a similar case for the Xbox One.
“Lots of interaction among multiple players in such a small area had a high impact on the servers.” The PUBG developers said in a Steam Community update. “To solve this, we have introduced multiple areas where players gather before the match start. As a result, the performance, both server and client-side, has improved.”
Other changes include Game DVR automatic recording, among a mixture of bug fixes and optimizations. Full patch notes are below:
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
- Updated the design of the energy drink
- Fixed water sound effects
- Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
- Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
- Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
- Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
- Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
- Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
- Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
- Fixed buildings with missing stairs
- Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
- Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
- Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
- Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
- Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
- Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
- Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
Optimization / Stability
- Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
- Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
- Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
- Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
- Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
- Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
- Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
- Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting
- B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
- When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is available for the Xbox One and PC.