There is a problem with digital Fallout 4 pre-orders on the Xbox One which may affect you.
If you pre-ordered Fallout 4 digitally on or before October 27th and are not using the Xbox One’s Instant On feature, you may have whats called a ‘stub file’. This file is simply a placeholder for the game and not actually the full retail game. To fix this, you will need to delete the file and redownload the game from Xbox Live to avoid any delays when the game is released.
Bethesda has detailed instructions on how to delete this and properly pre-load the game:
– Navigate to My Games & Apps.
– Find the title’s tile in Games.
– With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
– Select Manage Game.
– In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
– Select Uninstall.
– Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
– Scroll right to the “Ready to Install” section under Games.
– Highlight the title’s tile.
– Press [A] to select.
– Choose Install.
Fallout 4 launches next week on November 10th, 2015 for the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.