Update 1.3.0 is now available for Pokemon GO and can be download from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
The update contains a variety of fixes, including a brand new “Nearby Pokemon” feature which, at the time of this writing, shows recent sightings of nearby Pokemon. We are being told that this feature may see changes in future updates, as it is still being tested.
To prevent motor vehicle accidents, Niantic Labs added a notification to the game which informs players that they are going too fast. When this alert comes up on screen, players will need to click on “I am a passenger” to continue playing.
The full change log is as follows:
– Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing
– Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
– Fixed a bug that prevented “Nice,” “Great,” and “Excellent” Poke Ball throws from awarding the appropriate experience bonuses
– Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons
– Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time, so please choose your new nickname wisely
– Resolved issues with the battery saver mode and re-enabled this feature
– Added visuals of Team leaders – Candela, Blanche and Spark
– We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokemon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokemon UI.
– Minor text fixes
Pokemon GO is available for iOS and Android devices.