Earlier today, Electronic Arts held their E3 Press Conference where we heard more information about their upcoming titles such as Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18, Star Wars Battlefront II, and a brand new IP from Bioware.
The press conference went relatively well, despite some minor audio issues at the beginning. During the press conference, we had a new look at games FIFA 18, Madden NFL 18, Need For Speed Payback, NBA Live 18 and perhaps the most anticipated title, Star Wars Battlefront II. One piece of news we enjoyed was the announcement that all of the content for Star Wars Battlefront II will be free to players who purchase the game. This is what we would like to see developers do more of, and something that Nintendo has been doing with their hit shooter, Splatoon.
One thing we were disappointed about was the presentation of Need for Speed Payback, scheduled to release later this year. We understand that the point of Need For Speed Payback is to provide an engaging, action-packed experience, but that is watered down by a poor physics engine. In the gameplay demo we saw during the press conference, opposing cars we’re being totaled by light sideswipes, making for a handholding experience that we hope is improved on by the retail release. Something else that may take away from the experience is the lack of player control during high-octane scenes. It appears that cut-scenes replaced some of the more exciting moments. We hope the developers can provide a more engaging experience before it’s release this Fall.
EA is proving that their 2017 lineup is nothing to mess around with. While Star Wars Battlefront II is one of the more anticipated titles for many, we are most looking forward to the new co-operative title A Way Out, scheduled to release next year. It is rare that the industry receives a couch co-op game, and the game looking very similar in play style to Naughty Dog’s Uncharted series. A Way Out has extreme potential to kick ass in 2018.
We also caught a glimpse at a new IP being developed by Bioware. While we don’t have a lot of information about the game yet, but we will be hearing more during Microsoft’s E3 Press Conference tomorrow. If you missed any of the major announcements: We have you covered with the list below:
- Madden 18 Long Shot Campaign announced; Now, Madden NFL 18 will ship with a campaign mode where the player works their way up to the professional NFL franchise.
- Eight new maps coming to Battlefield 1 from the “In The Name Of The Tsar” expansion releasing later this year. Two new maps will feature nighttime gameplay.
- FIFA 18 Officially Announced For Xbox One and Playstation 4. The Journey Hunter Returns Campaign was announced.
- Need For Speed Payback Gameplay Shown. Shows off a high-speed chase.
- New co-operative adventure game announced by the developers of Brothers: A Tales of Two Son titled A Way Out. Releases early 2018 for the Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC.
- Bioware’s new IP Anthem was announced. More information being announced during Microsoft’s Press Conference.
- NBA Live 18 Officially unveiled, will also contain a story mode similar to the new campaigns featured in Madden NFL 18 and FIFA 18.
- Star Wars Battlefront II Offline Campaign Mode Announced. Story Mode bridges the gap between Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi and Star WarsVII: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars Battlefront II will feature free content for the life of the of the game, similar to Nintendo’s approach on Splatoon.
- 30-Minute Star Wars Battlefront II Multiplayer Gameplay Reveal was shown.
The next press conference is Microsoft’s Press Conference, scheduled for Sunday, June 11th at 2 PM PT. If you happen to miss the stream, be sure to check back on InformedPixel for full coverage of the announcements.